MI 3123 SMARTEC Earth Clamp
The MI 3123 SMARTEC Earth / Clamp is an earth resistance tester with the ability to perform 4-wire earth resistance measurement and 4-wire specific earth resistance measurement. With the optional A 1018 and A 1019 current clamps the instrument can perform 4-wire earth resistance measurement with one current clamp, contactless earth resistance testing with two clamps and TRMS current measurement up to 20 A. Configurable limits enable a PASS / FAIL evaluation of test results. All the results can be saved on the instrument and then downloaded via the optional software for evaluation and professional report generation after testing. The lightweight design, large bright LCD screen, built-in help screens, optional downloading via RS232 or USB ports and overvoltage category CAT IV make the MI 3123 an incredible earth resistance measuring instrument.
Select a set
Building LV Installation
- EISinsp Competences: Low Voltage Electrical Installation Safety Inspection
- EISc Competences: Low Voltage Electrical Installation Safety for Contractors and Maintainers
- IEC/EN 60364 Electrical Installations for Buildings series
- IEC/EN 60364-6 Electrical Installations for Buildings - Verification
- IEC/EN 61557 Electrical safety in low voltage distribution systems up to 1 000 V AC and 1 500 V DC - Equipment for testing, measuring or monitoring of protective measures - series
- IEC/EN 61557-1 Electrical safety in low voltage distribution systems up to 1 000 V AC and 1 500 V DC - Equipment for testing, measuring or monitoring of protective measures - Part 1: General requirements
- IEC/EN 61557-10 Electrical safety in low voltage distribution systems up to 1 000 v a.c. and 1 500 v d.c. - Equipment for testing, measuring or monitoring of protective measures - Part 10: Combined measuring equipment for testing, measuring and monitoring of protective measures
- VDE 0413 (IEC 61557) Electrical safety in low voltage distribution systems up to 1 000 V AC and 1 500 V DC - Equipment for testing, measuring or monitoring of protective measures - series
- AS / NZ 3018 Electrical installations - Domestic installations
- BS 7671 IEE Wiring Regulations (18th edition)
- CEI 64.8 V4 rated electrical equipment not exceeding 1,000 VAC and 1,500V DC current
Earthing and lightning protection
- LPSinsp Competences: Lightning Protection of Buildings Inspection
- LPSc Competences: Lightning Protection of Buildings for Contractors and Maintainers
- IEC 62305 Protection against lightning - series
- IEC/EN 61557-5 Electrical safety in low voltage distribution systems up to 1 000 V AC and 1 500 V DC - Equipment for testing, measuring or monitoring of protective measures - Part 5: Resistance to earth
Earthing and Grounding
- EES Competences: Electrical Energetic Systems Earthing and Grounding Safety
Instrument safety towards user
- IEC/EN 61010-2-033 Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 2-033: Particular requirements for hand-held multimeters and other meters for domestic and professional use, capable of measuring mains voltage
- IEC/EN 61326 Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use - EMC requirements - series
- Earth resistance, 4-wire method;
- Earth resistance, 4-wire method with one current clamp (option);
- Earth resistance, two clamps method (option);
- Specific earth resistance;
- TRMS current (option).
- Earth resistance measurement: instrument performs standard 4-wire earth resistance tests with two earthing rods and specific earth resistance measurement.
- Selective earth resistance test: optional 4-wire earth resistance measurement in combination with an additional current clamp is used for measuring earth resistance of individual earthing rods.
- Contactless earth resistance test: earth resistance measurement with 2 current clamps without breaking the loop is intended for measuring resistance of individual earthing rods and is recommended first of all for urban areas.
- Downloadable: downloads via RS232 or USB cable directly to the PC with the help of the optional software.
- Upgradeable: if changes occur to the regulations upgrades can be made to the firmware to keep the instrument up to date.
- Help screens: instrument comes complete with built-in help screens for referencing on site.
- Built-in charger & rechargeable batteries: instrument has a built-in charging circuit and comes complete with a set of rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Custom limits: the limits can be set on any function, in that case large green and red lights of the LEDs will indicate a PASS or FAIL evaluation of test result.
- Easy to use: large bright LCD display and large buttons enable easy handling of the instrument (even while wearing gloves).
- Magnetic holder: magnet for fixing instrument on metal surfaces enables hands-free operation.
- Dimensions (w x h x l): 140 x 80 x 230 mm
- Mass (without accessories): 0.85 kg
|PC SW EuroLink PRO||en||1.0||13.03.2014||915.07 KB|
|MI 3123 SMARTEC Earth / Clamp||en||1.0||08.11.2011||1.66 MB|
|MI 3123 SMARTEC Earth / Clamp||en||1.3.6||07.09.2022||20 751 244||2.03 MB||Login|
|MI 3123 SMARTEC Earth / Clamp||Multi-Language||2023||20.01.2023||zip||1.68 MB||Login|
|EU Declaration of Conformity||Multi-Language||06.07.2023||QR code||External link||Unknown|
|SW 0101 EuroLink PRO (EU)||en||4.38||18.01.2022||Readme||zip||60.59 MB||Login|
Where to buy?
Search for distributors and partners
Have a question?
Speak with a specialist